How Can Sports Medicine Help – Look into It

United Electronic Recycling

How Can Sports Medicine Help – Look into It

August 19, 2019


Core muscle wound is a disorder that is often misleadingly referred to as “sports hernia” and impacts primarily athletes who are playing and running soccer, hockey, basketball, and rugby. It is more prevalent in men than in women. A total of 94% of these injuries are caused by unknown causes; the remaining 6% are due to a particular traumatic event, such as “checking” from behind during hockey play. Stress from repeated twisting, kicking, and rotation at elevated speeds is a probable cause of wounds. This type of injury can also occur in incidental exercise and nonathletes. Physical therapists can enhance the strength and flexibility of people with key muscle injuries in order to return securely to their required sports or activities. Physical therapists suggest sports medicine in OKC for its treatment.

How It Feels

A symptom of key muscle injury is characterized by chronic groin pain. This happens in 5% to 18% of sportspeople and differs depending on the sport performed. A typical symptom is also sharp groin pain with stress. Pain often only happens when sprinting, kicking, twisting, or “cutting” is intense and, with rest, falls quickly. Due to associated chronic groin pain, significant training and competition time may be lost.

Core Muscle Injury Symptoms

  • Sharp or stabbing pain happens mostly during running, sprinting, cutting, twisting, or kicking in the groin region.

  • Pain while sit-ups.

  • Pain at one side of groin.

  • Radiated pain in inner thighs.

  • Pain while coughing or sneezing.

  • No pain at groin while resting or sleeping.

Core Muscle Injury History

As an athlete, your physician and doctor must know your pain/symptoms/workout history before advising sports medicine in OKC. Answer evaluation questions to your therapist well to know pain better.

Different Areas

The treatment of the Abs / pelvis / hip / groin region, as you will notice from often different symptoms and constraints, will differ. Some muscles are stronger than others, whereas there are distinct movement levels in many joints in this region.  In addition, even one side of the body varies according to the athlete and the prevalent finding of the difference in leg length.

Pelvis Pain

Your “core” muscles are your four strings, hamstrings, and the many-body muscles underneath the pelvis, Abs, high back extender, and hip flexors above the pelvis. They are all involved so that they remove the blinders and concentrate on more areas rather than just looking at the pain region.

Tighten and Loosen

When a muscle or tendon is loose, tightening it up usually improves the symptoms, either by rehabilitation or surgery. A prevalent source of this issue is weakened and extended abdominal muscles above the pelvis.

If the muscles are too tight, they need to be loosened so that they can regulate the pelvis better when reduced abdominal/high pain is an issue. Tight groin muscles are prevalent with a sports hernia under the pelvis.

Oklahoma Pain Doc will help you with sports medicine in OKC.

**Disclaimer: This content should not be considered medical advice and does not imply a doctor-patient relationship.

Google Rating
Based on 153 reviews