Back Pain and Spine Pain Management OKC
Back pain is one of the most common health problems affecting adults in the U.S. today. In fact, it is the single most common reason patients make a visit to their doctor. Regardless of whether your back pain is acute or chronic, there is almost always a specific underlying cause for back pain and spine pain. By identifying the root of your pain, we are better able to take measures to reduce the risk of injury, maximize mobility, and work to eliminate discomfort with back and spine pain management.At OK Pain Doc, we strive to ensure we provide with the treatment that provides better back and spine pain management here in OKC.
What are some back pain and spine pain conditions?
We use our advanced pain management techniques to treat the following back and spine conditions:
- Degenerative Disk Disease Loss of vital cushioning between vertebrae
- Low Back Pain & Injury Discomfort or acute injury in the lower back region
- Lumbar Sprain or Strain Damage afflicted upon the tendons, muscles, or ligaments in the lower back region
- Neck Pain & Injury Discomfort or acute injury in the upper back/neck region
- Mid Back Pain & Injury Discomfort or acute injury in the middle back region
- Herniated Disks This occurs when spinal disks (cushions between the vertebrae) rupture or crack
- Facet Joint Syndrome An arthritis-like condition that wears away at joints between the vertebrae
- Kyphosis Excessive outward curvature of the spine
- Muscle Spasm Involuntary contraction of the muscle
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome Pressure on painful trigger points
- Post Laminectomy Syndrome Caused by failed back surgery
- Radiculopathy (nerve impingement) This occurs when one or multiple nerves are pinched/damaged, causing discomfort
- Piriformis Syndrome Pain/spasms in the buttock region
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction Improper motion of the joints near the bottom of the spine
- Sciatica (lumbar radiculopathy) Damage or pressure afflicted upon the sciatic nerve, causing radiating pain throughout the lower back, hips, buttocks, and legs.
- Scoliosis Sideways curvature of the spine
- Spinal Infection Infections of the spine can be caused by conditions such as bacterial infection, fungus, or tuberculosis
- Spinal Stenosis Narrowing of the spinal canal
- Spondylolisthesis A condition in which one or more lower vertebrae slip forward onto the bone beneath it
- Spinal Arthritis Inflammation and deterioration of the spinal joints
- Thoracic Sprain or Strain Damaged or stressed ligaments in the upper back region
NOTE: This list is a representation of the most common back and spine conditions we treat. If you believe your condition is not listed, contact us to learn how we can help.
Contact Specialists in Non-surgical Back and Spine Conditions in Oklahoma City
Are you ready to put back pain in the past? Dr. Darryl Robinson and his team of Back Pain and Spine Specialists pride themselves in taking a holistic approach to diagnosing and treating spine and back pain. Our specialty is using Non-Surgical Treatments designed with the individual in mind. Our back and spine experts utilize integrative and innovative methods to help you put an end to your back pain. Dr. Robinson is regarded as one of the top physicians in the region, and our staff members in OK Pain Doc are among the finest medical professionals in the OKC Metro Area. You can learn more about Dr. Darryl Robinson and the team here.