Combat Migraine in the Right Way

United Electronic Recycling

Combat Migraine in the Right Way

August 16, 2019


Migraines, generally on one side of the head, may trigger severe griping pain or pulse feeling. This often follows nausea, vomiting, and intense light and sound sensitivity. According to the pain clinic in OKC, migraine attacks may last hours to days, and the pain may be so serious that your daily activities interfere.

A mixture of various genes and the environment causes migraine. For females, it is estimated that roughly 48% of the danger is because of genetic variables, whereas the other 52% is due to environmental and lifestyle variables. For males, about 38% of the danger is because of genetic variables, whereas the remaining 62% is because of lifestyle and environmental variables.


Prodome: You may notice subtle changes one or two days before a migraine, warning about an upcoming migraine, including constipation, increased thirst and urination, mood swings, neck rigidity, eating cravings, and often yawning.

Aura: Aura may happen before or during migraines for some individuals. Each symptom generally starts, increases over several minutes, and lasts between 20 and 60 minutes. Examples of migraine auras include visual phenomena, pin-and-needle feelings in the arm or leg, vision loss, facial or body weakness, ear noises, uncontrollable motions, and Speaking difficulties.

During Migraine: Usually pain on one side of your head, however, but frequently on both sides, light sensitivity, sound and smell, nausea, sores or pulses, and vomiting.

Attack: Usually, untreated migraine takes between Quatre and 72 hours. It differs from individual to individual how often migraines happen. Migraines could rarely happen or strike more than once a month.

Postdrome: You may feel drained, confused, and washed out for a day following a migraine attack. Some individuals at our pain clinic in OKC say they’re happy. Sudden head motion may briefly resurrect the pain.


Although it is still necessary to identify the precise cause of migraine, the study indicates that a migraine can occur more likely when:

  • Migraine is in the family history

  • You are a woman

  • You are in the thirties or younger

  • Hormone replacement therapy is ongoing

  • You are under hormonal birth control treatment

Triggers of Migraine

Patients who suffer from migraines can inform you that several factors could trigger a migraine headache. Although triggers may change between people, certain causes of migraine include:

  • Your brain releases chemicals that can trigger or deteriorate migraines when you are stressed. Stress-related worry, fear, and anxiety may also make the symptoms worse.

  • Migraines can be triggered by skipping food and fasting. Cheese, salted and processed foods, alcoholic beverages, and drinking coffee can also cause migraines. Seasonal foods are recommended.

  • Migraines can cause strong smells, bright lights, noisy sounds, and weather changes.

  • During the widening of migraine headaches due to the blood vessels, tight muscles, strained or sore muscles can also play an important part in the throat, jaw, and shoulders, and any muscle dysfunction.

  • Women report a rise in migraine headaches over and just before their periods that can cause migraines at estrogen concentrations.

  • Both as possible migraine triggers, MSG and aspartame were found.

Relief from Migraine

We can discuss some migraine alternatives and home remedies in our pain clinic in OKC, along with complete knowledge of possible causes of migraine.

Lifestyle Modification, Cold Therapy, Acupuncture, and Massage Therapy can work to decrease the effect of migraine.

Your migraines are best treated with the one that works. Our therapy experts at a pain clinic in OKC undergo a training course to discover natural cures for headaches and migraine relief for yourself. Our physiotherapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and massage therapists can fetch relief for you. Visit us at Oklahoma Pain Doc to get rid of the pain.

**Disclaimer: This content should not be considered medical advice and does not imply a doctor-patient relationship.

Google Rating
Based on 153 reviews